Monday, February 09, 2009

There really are bigger things than politics, stimulus plan, economic crisis and materialistic items...





I just learned this morning of a baby who's life was cut short because of Neuroblastoma.  She was only 11 months old and was just diagnosed a short 2 weeks ago.    The pain her parents and family must be dealing with at this moment, I can't even comprehend!




Please take a moment to visit their site.








I feel absolutely horrible for this family's loss and I can't imagine the pain they are going through.  Its been almost 4 years since Isabella had her last surgery to remove her tumor.  The surgery where we didn't know it at the time, but we almost lost her.   When I hear of things like this it reminds me of how lucky we are to still have her in our lives.  We are grateful for every moment we have and I know all of the parents that go through a life threatening experience with their child learn to NEVER take them (or any of their other children) for granted.

All of the issues that are going on around us, be it our difference in political views, the economic downfall or what Gucci purse we got means nothing compared to the life of this baby and any other child dealing with this horrible disease.

1 comment:

The Preister's said...

I read this today, it rocked my world too. I cried and couldn't get past it...there has to be an end to this soon. A cure is out there...
xoxo