Monday, February 19, 2007

awww! The Joys of Teething....

I hope everyone had a Wonderful weekend.



Saturday here was Gorgeous! I think they said it was around 80 degrees. Not a cloud in the sky on Saturday. It was just Perfect!



We took the initiative to go and take the time to wash and detail our car ourselves. I must say, it was a lot of fun. We got out there early, put little David in his play yard with some toys in the garage out of the sun while the car was in the driveway getting it's WELL deserved bath. Isabella rode around on her cute little Disney Princess Tricycle. Okay, don't ask why we got her a tricycle when she's big enough to be on a bike now.... Well, let's just say it took her a while to get down the use of the pedals on the tricycle she already had. We had taken her to ToysRUs on numerous occasions and put her on the bikes and she just couldn't get it going. Then one day we put her on this tricycle at ToysRUS and she rode around the store like a pro ringing the little bell on the handle and having a lot of fun. This tricycle is for 18 months to 4 years old. She will be 4 in April. =)

Here is a picture of what it looks like. I think it's the cutest little trike....




Now since the pedals are on the front wheel, she has to pedal a lot just to get 10 feet. So she gets tired pretty fast on this thing. But I couldn't resist it as a gift for her for Christmas. She won't get much use out of it because her legs are so darn long and she'll probably get a new one for her birthday. But I'm still glad we got it. =)

This trike is really good for when your child can't reach the pedals yet. They can put there little feet on the bars under the seat and you (the parent) can push them around. It would have been a really good thing to buy like 2 years ago! hehehe


After she's done with it, I'll give it away to someone else who can really use it. Which she'll be done with it in a couple of months. =)


BTW... I searched for it online and I guess they Discontinued it. That really sucks because I was reading the reviews and every single one of the parents that bought it, loved it. How come that is always the case??? When ever you find something you like, they stop making it?




Well, anyways.... back to the title of this post. Saturday our little man was as happy as can be. Then Sunday morning everything seemed okay but as the day went on we noticed he started to get really cranky and then I started to feel that he was getting hot. He got to the point where he just wanted to sleep and he relaxed better if one of us would rub or pat him on his back while he tried to sleep. By tried, I mean he just couldn't get comfortable. He would be on his stomach and would be rubbing his face into the blankets while he gave us this soft little moan and with that you knew he wasn't feeling well. His fever started to get a little higher and so we stripped him down and put some cold wash clothes on his forehead and gave him some infant Tylenol.


I had a feeling about what was causing his discomfort..... I looked at his bottom gums and there it was... his little tiny tooth was peaking out of his gums. I barely had a second to look before he had my finger in there trying to gnaw on it. I could barely feel his sharp little tooth on my finger, but this had to be the reason why he was so fussy and so different from the day before. I looked online for teething symptoms and all the symptoms were pretty much what he was going through. I called a friend of mine who has a daughter that is like 2 months older than little David and she told me that she went through the same thing when her first two teeth popped up. It was like she had a cold for a couple of days and I said EXACTLY! =) He has a runny nose, a little cough, the fever and it all came on in one day.


I guess I just don't remember Isabella going though her teething process like this, but I know every child is different. =) It's time to go pick up some Oragel on the way home tonight from work. I hope the teeth come in far enough for me to get a good enough picture for everyone.


The days of my gummy smiles are numbered....... ***tears****

7 comments:

T-girl said...

Awww! I remember being so sad when Joci cut her first teeth! LOL No more gummy's! They are SO cute with two teeth though.

A couple of people told me freeze wash clothes for her to chew on. She wasn't interested in chewing really on the first few though so it didn't make a darn bit of difference! LOL Oh and also, I found that infant MOTRIN worked better for teething thanks to a free sample at the docs office. ;) I never did oragel, it only lasts for a few mintutes so I thought why bother but I bet it would be good until the meds kicked in... I JUST thought of that! Some good that does me NOW! LMAO I would just keep her doped up for two days or so, then kind of wait a bit longer on the second or third to see if she was still cranky when it started to wear off, if she was more meds if not then all was good. It only lasts a few days usually... although her first ones kept starting then stoping starting then stoping. It was a pain, when my gf told me this could happen as it happened to one of hers I thought she was crazy but it happens! LOL I was never so glad when I saw that tooth had finally erupted.

Joci is a snuggler though so she would just snuggle in and sleep... heaven forbid we put her down though! When she was teething it felt like I was carrying her EVERYWHERE! I think I was more tired then HER! LOL

Good luck Mama, I think in the end it is harder on our Mommy hearts then their little gums! ;)

OH!!!! I forgot, when you stop by the store get those frozen teething rings!!! THOSE she actually chewed on and they helped a bit if it was not too bad. I always knew when she was teething after the first few times because she would WANT them... now she uses them for braclets! LOL

T-girl said...

I forgot to meantion that bike! TOO cute! Joci got like THREE trikes for Christmas this year! LOL One was a scooter from us... she LOVES that thing! One was a strawberry shortcake trike... she likes it but can't figure out how to ride it yet and gets mad because she hits the pedals and cries, the other is like a bigwheel with a handle on it- it is actually cute and will be nice this summer for walks! I really like that Princess one though! I think it looks, I don't know sturdier, and it is not plasticy which I hate! I am such a snob I really am! LOL

So let me know when we can expect you to stop by with the weather and carwash gear- my truck is a MESS right now thanks to all the rain! We ARE having a sun break right now though so that is something! OK, I really AM going to go now... I have to go for my yearly! YECK!

T-girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T-girl said...

That was me, damn thing froze up and I got trigger happy! SWEAR I am GONE now! LOL

Dr. J said...

Did I mention that various members of the family, including of course me, have bruises, bite marks, and various other ouch spots from the king's teeth? All 8 of them...

T-girl said...

Kings Mama! NO! You got a biter huh? Thank GOD Joci was not! She tried to bite me ONE time, ONE! I thought I would die! I guess she decided she didn't like the taste of Mommies though and never did it agian. LOL I think I got super lucky I wish I could tell you why but to be honest it is a mystery! LOL

NB Warrior said...

You guys are too funny! Sorry for not keeping up to date on my comments and my blog for a while. Things are slowly starting to get back to normal around our house. Little David is FINALLY feeling better. His appetite came back on Sunday, but he still wants to be held 24/7!! =)

T - You know, I was wondering about the Motrin. My Ped is always telling me to use Tylenol, but I heard someone else say to use Motrin so we decided to buy it. I did exactly like you said and used the Oragel and the Motrin together. He really didn't like my finger in his mouth, but he took it! hehehe

You know, I've had those frozen teething rings for a while now, but he's had little to no interest in them. But maybe that will change now that hopefully he'll realize what they are for. =)

You are not a snob! I hate those plasticy ones as well. They fade in the sun, they look kind of cheesy. They are horrible! =) Isabella really liked this trike, but like I said, she just got to big for it. =( I should have bought it a long time ago!

Yeah sure, I'll wash your car as long as you don't mind driving it all the way down here and then driving it back which will get it dirty all over again! hehehe

Kings Mama - I do remember you saying that he loved to bite your shoulder! OUCH!! Those suckers are SHARP!! hehehe