Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I have my camera back!!

Last Christmas I bought myself one of those nice Canon Powershot digital camera's. I love the features it has on it and let me tell you, this camera is my baby!

I must say that we have taken some pretty awesome pictures with it, not to sound to full of myself, but we really have! =)

Well, we went to Ensenada for Labor day weekend last year and on our last day there my bag fell from the bed with my camera on top. I didn't think anything of it because for as small as this camera is, it's really durable. So then I went to turn on my camera to take a picture and the LCD screen was just white with a black line going from the bottom to the top. I tried scrolling through the pictures on my memory card, and nothing.... I started to freak. Then I realized that the LCD screen broke during the fall. I couldn't have been more mad at myself because I paid $450 for this camera and it wasn't even a year old. So when we got back I contacted Canon to see how much it would cost to have it fixed and they gave me the quote and told me to mail it to their authorized service center. So there I was, had everything I needed to get it fixed and guess what?!?! It took me 4 damn months to finally send it out. =) I sent it out the week before Christmas and figured it would take them a while to get working on it since it was the holidays. Well I looked up the status of the repair yesterday online and to my surprise they had already fixed it and it was being sent to me via FedEx. It arrived today in a little cardboard box and I proceeded to open it and find my baby! =) I was soooo happy to have it back in my hands! I know, I'm retarded!! LMAO!


Here are some sample pictures I took tonight....











I know, there is nothing too exciting about this picture. But if you saw it full size and then you can see the detail in little Charrito's beautiful eyes!! Did I say I love my camera???












This is one of my favorite features of this camera. You can chose a color to focus on and it will keep that color and turn everything else black and white. Let me show you all a picture I took when I first bought the camera..........







Here is the picture I took of David and Isabella a year ago on December 30th, 2005. I absolutely LOVE this picture of them.















This picture may seem insignificant because there is nothing but toys in this picture. Mind you, the color of that wall is NOT red. The camera does this color switch thingy where you chose a color first then you choose another color that you want it to be. This was the first time I tried this feature. It didn't work on certain objects, but when I got it to work.... WOW!! That is pretty darn cool.
So now that we have our camera back, hopefully you will see much better pictures from us!! =) If anyone cares! hehehe

3 comments:

T-girl said...

You are going to take that picture of Daddy and his little Princess and put it up on a wall somewhere aren't you? Seriously, that is a AWESOME picutre. I love that he is looking down at her and she is kind of skipping and... it is just... you captured it perfect! LOVE IT! LOL

Ok, the toys our little ones have that are the same, no big deal but... they have the same damn books too!!!! LOL Joci loved that stupid book but the batteries died in it and I never replaced them! LOL She would sit and inspect it when she was David's age for hours! LOL

NB Warrior said...

He doesn't spend too much time on one toy. He gets bored easily which I'm not to happy about! =) But Isabella likes the book too, so it's kind of like 2 gifts in one?!?! hehehe

You know, we already have that picture up in our room, I think..... or maybe it was another one. But yeah, someone told me once that it looks like it belongs on card. Oh yeah and I think Isabella was actually getting in trouble at that moment. She didn't listen to daddy and so he took her by the hand and walked her down the path talking to her and telling her she needs to listen. Funny how you wouldn't think she was in trouble in that picture! hehehe

Dr. J said...

It's an Andy Griffin shot. It's an amazing photo. The thing that made Big J and I do even more of a double take is that there is a photo of him as a little boy and his Uncle George (VIP Uncle) walking down a park path. The photo is also taken from behind.

It's an amazing photo. I'm asking J for a canon powerwhatever today!

It's funny how we women take millions of photos. It wasn't true until I had kid(s). the phrase is 'I had kids,' but I only have one so...